Tuesday 1 November 2011

Melancholy

I feel cold within. It felt like winter chills in my heart; filled with remorse. Well, it's not those sort of cold where you put on a jacket and everything will be fine.

From time to time, I do stand under the Sun trying to remember the warm fuzzy feelings I used to have with my friends; just to wonder whatever happened to my life? Perhaps, I've been gone for too long, walking down a lonely and miserable path.

As I grew up, my feelings grew more complex day by day. At times, I felt like I didn't even know who I was. Perhaps, if I start retracing my steps I might eventually know who I am? But, I've loss some of the puzzles of my life through denial.

I really tried being optimistic but it's hard to feign ignorance and put on a smile; no matter how bad things turn out to be. I am just 19, but I felt like decades have gone by as I was stuck in a deep slumber; where everything changed except me. It's as though I was excluded from the force of time; that nothing had changed for me. Having no past to look at, I couldn't help wonder, what happened?

Perhaps if I closed my eyes and open it again, it will be fine, you know, only Just A Dream.

I kept assuring people that there's a silver lining in every cloud. But ironically, till today, I have never set eyes upon mine yet. Life is filled with obstacles; well some are alright but there are those beyond my capabilities and I feel lost. I am tired of this life but what can I do? This life I am living is not for me, it's for the people around me; the responsibility that I have for my family.

I sincerely would have opted for an alternative given the opportunity but life isn't for me to decide since I lost my will a long time ago. For now, University life seem to be go fine for me; but no one knows how long it will last. This is my final chance and I really don't have any more alternatives or opportunities left.

Whether I will be a mediocre employee or perhaps a lavishly living entrepeneur or perhaps a repulsive beggar; it all depends on me within these 4 years. I hope that when I grew old, and if by chance I do get to come by this post, tears of joy will trickle down my cheeks instead of remorse.

For now, Au Revoir.

Steven

2 comments:

  1. Well to quote someone: It's going to be perfect in the end. If it's not perfect, it's not the end.

    I understand how you feel, but you won't know how fast things changes. One day everything looks so wrong, and the next day, everything just fell right into place.

    Hang in there. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thks for sharing your thoughts with us! Time flies & hope you'll get thru smoothly. All the best!

    ReplyDelete